“Near the end of the Edo Era in 1818, Sasayama feudal lord Tadayasu Aoyama established a pottery venue on the west base of the Ojiyama mountain and invited Kisuke Kinkodo, a Kyoto potter, to join. It was abolished in 1869, but was restored on the south side of the original location in 1988. The potters mainly produce celadon porcelain and dyed patters using traditional techniques.”